- Tempeh- I used Three Grain tempeh.
- Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette (my favorite and 45 calories for 2 tbsp- woohoo)
- Zesty Lime Vinaigrette
- 3-4 Red Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 1/2 a Red Pepper
- 1/2 a Yellow Pepper
- 1/4 a Shallot
- Dried Dill- To taste, I basically add this to everything...
- Salt- To taste.
- Taco Spices- To taste, I just added some towards the end.
- 1/2 an Avocado
I figured out how to make tempeh taste amazing! Well, in this at least. I marinated it for a few minutes in balsamic vinaigrette, and then I put it in a pan on medium-low heat and added the remaining balsamic.
Next I cut up red and yellow peppers, cilantro, and about a 1/4 of a shallot.
After the tempeh had been on the stove for about 5 minutes I added the veggies, salt, and dried dill, cooked it all, flipping the pieces, crisping on each side, then I split the pieces up a bit.
Finally, I mixed everything in a bowl, and placed it on big pieces of Red Romaine lettuce which I topped with a bit of zesty lime vinaigrette & some fresh avocado. It was awesome!