I've tried several different methods to bake a potato, but I have to say I've discovered the absolute perfect combination, I believe.
For The Perfect Baked Potato-
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean the potato.
- Stab the potato with a fork.
- Rub the potato with olive oil.
- Place the potato on a square of aluminum foil.
- Salt and pepper the potato to taste.
- Crinkle aluminum foil around the potato to form a nest.
- Place the potato on the rack for 20 minutes.
- Check and turn over, bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Check, again.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes (this is where I believe it makes them perfect).
Once the potato is done I add Kerrygold butter, Daisy sour cream (best sour cream ever), salt, some cheese, and dill to taste.